To receive regular updates,
fill in your details below.
You will also receive a PDF listing
8 Ways to Ignite your Translation Career.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Here’s what is included in the Translation Journal weekly email update.
1. Attending A Conference - So Worth It!
2. Networking for Introverts: Survival Guide--Tips for Translators
3. Plucked from the Web-Bilinguals are more able to focus
4. Full Time Job Opportunity in Australia for Italian Translators
5. AWEJ welcomes submission of papers
At a recent translation industry conference, I had the great pleasure of hearing Sarah Dillon give her informative presentation, “Networking for Introverts: A Survival Guide.” Sarah is a professional translator working from French, Spanish, and German into English; she is also a trainer and frequent public speaker.
Sarah began her presentation by telling us about an academic study that delved into the psychological effects of professional networking on individuals engaged in the practice. The study found that many people who network say that it actually makes them feel “dirty” – a reaction so intense that it sometimes even compels them to shower.