Written by Karen Hodgson
Welcome to the April 2015 edition of the Translation Journal. The Translation Journal is a digital online journal for translators, interpreters, and interested friends of the translation industry. This issue offers a variety of articles that are both research-based and theoretical, as well as articles to help you in your career as a translator or interpreter.
I am grateful to all who have helped to bring this edition online. I would especially like to thank all the authors who contributed to this issue as well as the proof readers and web designers whose expertise and hard work have contributed to its success.
The articles you will find in this magazine include:
- "Why is the American Translators Association (ATA)'s certification exam still being given on paper?" Written by Gabe Bokor
- "Top 6 Tips on How to Work With Translation Agencies." written by Karen Hodgson
Research-based and theoretical contributions:
- "Major Skills and Abilities of Blind and Visually Impaired Translators." written by Yahia Barkhordar & Dr. Kazem Yousefi
- "Willingness to Translate and its Relation to Translation Strategies of MA University Students." written by Fataneh Amirpoor and Dr. Behzad Ghonsooly
- "Text Entropy and Implementation of Translation Strategy." written by Tetyana Andrienko PhD
- "Cultural Imperialism in Two Persian Translation." written by Najaf Daryabandari
- "Anti Semitism in Soviet Translation." written by Nataliia Rudnytska
- "Some thoughts on Literary Translation." written by Laura Bazzurro
- "Animal Metaphor And Cultural Bias: Implications For The Translator." written by Mohamed Mansouri
- "The Audiovisual Approach in Translation Learning." written by Euis Meinawati
- "The Translator or Language Services Provider: Assessing the Standard Profile of the Translator in Cameroon and its Impact on Translator Training." written by Dr. Sakwe George Mbotake
- "Translating Olaus Petri Into Russian." written by Andrey Scheglov
- "Comparing Two Feedback Methods on Iranian EFL Learners' Translation." Written by Siamak Mazloomi
- "La Influencia De La Localización De Videojuegos En La Percepción Del Producto Por Parte De Los Usuarios." written by Dr. Ramón Méndez González
The articles are diverse in nature as are the authors, who reside across the globe and hail from diverse backgrounds.
I hope that you will continue supporting our journal by sending us manuscripts, articles, research papers and make comments and provide your feedback.
As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions.