Prominent, Downtown Manhattan Intellectual Property Law Firm Seeks a German into English Technical Translator
Translate (German-English) patent applications and related documents, primarily in the field of electrical and automotive engineering, but also including electronics, telecommunications, computers, chemistry, textile engineering, hydraulics and pneumatics, and medicine, as well as other technical and legal material.
You will be joining a dynamic, in-house team of translators who work with a well-established terminology database and translation memory. Future telecommuting arrangements are also possible.
College degree (BA) (preferably in liberal arts, journalism, German, English and/or science)
At least one of the following:
- Masters degree (MA) in translation
- Accreditation (G-E) by the American Translators Association or Certified (G-E) Translator (from another institution or country)
- Engineering or science degree
- 5 - 10 years technical translation experience
Language and writing skills:
- Excellent and in-depth knowledge of technical German.
- English native or near-native speaker with a flair for concise technical writing in English.
- Other languages, such as French in particular, desired, but not required.
Computer skills (desired; training will be provided where necessary):
- MS Word
- Trados Multiterm and Workbench
- Voice recognition (Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred)
- Internet research
e-mail resume to:
or fax to:
Please, contact the Editor to announce job openings in this space.